Here at the frontier, the leaves fall like rain. Although my neighbors are all barbarians, and you, you are a thousand miles away, there are still two cups at my table.


Ten thousand flowers in spring, the moon in autumn, a cool breeze in summer, snow in winter. If your mind isn't clouded by unnecessary things, this is the best season of your life.

~ Wu-men ~


Thursday, April 16, 2015

Chinese Wrestling: Shuai Jiao

Shuai Jiao is Chinese Wrestling. Classically, it contains everything seen in the standing game of modern Judo, plus strikes and kicks, but without ground work.

Some more modern interpretations have added ground work.

The SJ guys are known to be pretty tough. I'd love to see someone with a solid SJ background in an MMA match.


3 comments:

Paul said...

You have to watch out for the Mongolian wrestlers (generally speaking, those from Outer are better than those from Inner [part of China)). They also made history in Sumo. But of course MMA is another game, another set of rules.

Rick Matz said...

I've got my hands full with a bunch of wrestler/bjj guys who are less than half my age!

Paul said...

Picking on senior citizens? I'm sure they will regret....LOL