Here at the frontier, the leaves fall like rain. Although my neighbors are all barbarians, and you, you are a thousand miles away, there are still two cups at my table.


Ten thousand flowers in spring, the moon in autumn, a cool breeze in summer, snow in winter. If your mind isn't clouded by unnecessary things, this is the best season of your life.

~ Wu-men ~


Tuesday, July 16, 2013

How a Karate Kata Should Look

I found this at Traditional Fighting Arts Forum.

No gaudy glow in the dark uniforms. No stupid music. No strobe lights.No screaming like she's giving birth to a water buffalo.

This is how a kata should look.



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's no longer available. Pity

Rick Matz said...

Phooey.

Rick Matz said...

There's more than one way to skin a cat.

The Strongest Karate said...

Wow she is fast. She'd probably tear through me before I could even say "osu". lol

Rick Matz said...

When I was young and single I had a rule about dating women who could beat me up.

transit said...

Wow! ... just wow!

Jonathan Bluestein said...

Seriously... that video sucked. No power whatsoever behind the movements. Also, not as fast as people here tend to think. And yes - I have background in Okinawan karate. This guy is much, much better:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTUXotuoX_o